LXC 1.0.1 release announcement¶
6th of March 2014
This is the first bugfix release for the LXC 1.0 series.
- core: Detect the use of rshared / and properly work around it.
This fixes LXC on systemd systems where the mount table would be duplicated in the container and lxc-attach wouldn't attach to the container's rootfs.
- core: Don't crash on invalid lxc.id_map
- core: Fix attaching when extra cgroups were setup after the container started
- core: Fix crash when rebooting container with phys interfaces
- core: Better detect and report permission problems
- core: Use common code for any unprivileged action, using newuidmap/newgidmap if available and only falling back to straight writes to uid_map/gid_map if they're not and the user is root.
- core: Fix btrfs snapshot restore
- core: Fix race in the cloning code potentially leading to data loss
- core: Don't double-map the root uid/gid
- core: Fix snapshot restore for overlayfs
- core: Put logging variables in TLS
- apparmor: Stop using on-exec for profile changes as it's been proven unreliable on overlayfs at least
- bash completion: Remove wrong shebang
- cgmanager: Don't keep an active connection after container start
- cgmanager: Fix to work with threads
- doc: Update README
- lua: Respect --prefix
- lxc-create: Fix the dir backend to actually respect --dir
- lxc-device: Properly support wlan devices
- lxc-ls: Fix --nesting function to work with unprivileged containers
- lxc-start-ephemeral: Set the tmpfs as 0755 instead of 0777
- python3: Export missing get_global_config_item function
- seccomp: Catch violations by init
- systemd: Fix unit file location
- templates: Detect system containers inside unprivileged containers (lxc-download)
- tests: Fix potential hang in lxc-test-concurent
- upstart: Don't forward requests for LXC_DOMAIN (dnsmasq)
The release tarballs may be found on our download page and we expect most distributions
will very soon ship a packaged version of LXC 1.0.1.
Should you be interested in individual changes or just looking at the detailed development history,
our stable branch is on GitHub.