LXC 1.0.11 release announcement¶
19th of October 2017
This is the eleventh bugfix release for LXC 1.0.
- apparmor: Allow containers to start in AppArmor namespaces
- apparmor: Drop useless apparmor denies
- conf: Fix building without libcap
- conf: Free netdev->downscript
- conf: Improve write_id_mapping()
- conf: Non-functional changes
- conf: Refactor most of the parsing functions
- console: Non-functional change
- core: Remove the
- core: Use strerror(errno) instead of %m
- doc: Add CII Best Practices badge to README
- doc: Add missing translations for commands
- doc: Fix a typo
- doc: Fix regex-typo in Japanese and Korean lxc-monitor(1)
- doc: Fix regex-typo in lxc-monitor.sgml.in
- doc: Reword idmap restrictions when unpriv
- doc: Update API for get_config_item
- doc: Update README
- init: Add comment for exclude 32 and 33 signals
- liblxc: Use snprintf()
- lock: Non-functional changes
- lock: Return the right error when open lock file failed
- monitor: Remove unlink operation in af_unix
- network: Adding warning for mtu ignoring
- network: Non-functional changes
- seccomp: Print action name in log
- seccomp: s/n-new-privs/no-new-privs/g
- seccomp: Update comment for function
- state: Remove lxc_rmstate declaration
- storage: Enable building with gcc7
- template/archlinux: Change locale "en-US.UTF-8" to "en_US.UTF-8"
- template/centos: Add cronie to the pkg list
- template/centos: Use altarch mirror for CentOS on arches other than i386 and x86_64
- template/debian: Add aarch64 -> arm64 mapping
- template/debian: Add buster as a valid release
- template/debian: Use deb.debian.org as the default Debian mirror
- template/opensuse: getty.target.wants does not always exists
- template/ubuntu: Conditionally move upstart ssh job, as it is now optional.
- template: Use "rsync -SHaAX" to copy the cached rootfs into place
- tests: Avoid NULL pointer dereference
- tests: Remove temp lxcpath for attach testcase
- tools/usernsexec: Remove dead assignments
- tools: Use "which"
- travis: Fix builds
- utils: Close parent end in child process after fork
- utils: Duplicate stderr as well in lxc_popen()
- utils: Fix lxc_popen()/lxc_pclose()
- utils: Fix mem leak with realpath
- utils: Fix some cppcheck warnings
- utils: Fix the bug of 'ts->stdoutfd' did not fill with parameters 'stdoutfd'
- utils: Remove dead assignments in lxc_popen()
The release tarballs may be found on our download page and we expect most distributions
will very soon ship a packaged version of LXC 1.0.11.
Please note that LXC upstream strongly recommends 1.0 users to upgrade to the 2.0 LTS release.
The 1.0 branch will keep being supported until June 2019, but at this point,
only critical bugfixes and security updates will be backported.
Should you be interested in individual changes or just looking at the detailed development history,
our stable branch is on GitHub.