LXD 0.3 release announcement¶
10th of March 2015
The major changes for this release are:
- Reworked exec, now with separate interactive and non-interactive modes and proper support for escape sequences.
- Improved image handling, now supporting more compression algorithms and support for image export.
- Initial support of live migration (requires particular container configuration)
- Initial support of container configuration and profiles
- Support for disks and network interfaces
- Support for creating/deleting/assigining profiles
- Introduce a "default" profile which is applied to all new containers unless otherwise specified.
- Improved user experience for the various "list" commands
- Improved info command, now showing PID and IP addresses
- Implement the image info command, shows all image properties and aliases.
- Early (partial) french translation as an example translation of LXD.
- Support of the "edit" command for images and profiles.
- Now supports creating a minimal busybox image.
- Vastly improved image imports from images.linuxcontainers.org by no longer requiring repacking.
- Now working with python3.2
- Added tests for container configuration, profiles, devices, migration, exec and database.
- Now running using a minimal busybox image, making it run in just a few seconds.
- Many bugfixes
Please note that it's still early in the LXD development and that current LXD isn't intended
for production use and comes with no support statement from upstream.
(reported bugs and patches will be included in the next release)
At this point, most core LXD features are present but many of the
particular options aren't implemented yet (don't match our
specifications), we expect to make great progress in supporting all of
the expected options over the next couple of releases.
The release tarballs can be found on our download page.