LXD 0.15 release announcement¶
4th of August 2015
The main changes for this release are:
- Added storage and network hotplug
- Improved logging
- Improved LVM and btrfs backend
- /dev/lxd now works with gccgo
- Added new environment.* configuration namespace to set environment variables inside the container
- Init and launch now print the container name
- lxd-images now defaults to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- --tcp has now been replaced by the core.https_address config option
- Improved LVM and btrfs support
- Add some LXD speed tests
- New "make client" target to only build the LXD client (use this for MacOS X)
- Introduce new scripts and http proxy code for a lxdbr0 bridge
- Rework internal storage representation
- Rework internal container representation
- Rework internal database representation
- Various testsuite improvements
- A lot more bugfixes and other small improvements
This release moves containers from /var/lib/lxd/lxc to /var/lib/lxd/containers
and snapshots from /var/lib/lxd/lxc/\<name>/snapshots to /var/lib/lxd/snapshots/\<name>.
To do so, LXD will stop all containers on the next startup, then start them again
after moving everything to the new location.
The --tcp daemon option has been replaced by the core.https_address option allowing users
to change the address and port LXD binds to. Changes are now applied immediately.
The release tarballs can be found on our download page.