LXD 0.17 release announcement¶
1st of September 2015
The main changes for this release are:
- lxc: Add a new "lxc file edit" command
- lxc: Add support for public remotes
- lxc: Support adding a remote by its IPv6 address
- lxd/core: Fix building with Go 1.5
- lxd/core: Allow renaming snapshots
- lxd/core: Add a new /logs REST API to containers
- lxd/core: Export the storage backend name and version
- lxd/btrfs: Support for recursive subvolume snapshot and removal
- lxd/lvm: Add snapshot support
- lxd/lvm: Add container copy support
- lxd/lvm: Add container rename support
- lxd/lvm: Disallow changing LVM config if pool is in use.
- lxd/lvm: Document LVM config keys in specs
- lxd-images: Deprecate "lxd images import lxc"
- lxd-images: Print the manifest URL
- lxd-images: Default to the "releases" stream for Ubuntu images
- vagrant: Support running in vmware
- A bunch more fixes, tests and other improvements
Note that as of this release, the use of "lxd-images import lxc" is
deprecated in favor of using the images.linuxcontainers.org remote.
lxd-images import lxc centos 7 amd64 --alias centos lxc launch centos my-container
lxc remote add images images.linuxcontainers.org # one-time setup lxc launch images:centos/7/amd64 my-container
The release tarballs can be found on our download page.