LXD 0.23 release announcement¶
24th of November 2015
The main changes for this release are¶
- A new "lxd init" command is available to help setup storage, network and password on new LXD installations
- Log messages are now sent over the events API
- New process count metric available in the containers API and in "lxc info"
- Console color support on Windows
- Rewritten operations handling, now includes events for each changes and includes download status
- "lxc image import" can now take the URL to an https webserver advertising a LXD image through HTTP headers
- The minimal HTTP proxy shipped by LXD has been rewritten to be even lighter
- "lxc config get \<server-config-key>" now works as expected
- lxd-images: Much lower memory usage when importing an image
- More readable log entries over the events API
- Event filtering in "lxc monitor" now works properly
- Container architectures are now properly tracked
- LXD now ensures that published containers will always have metadata in their image
- Container copy now copies devices and config properly
- Image import failure now result in proper error messages
- "lxc info --show-log" is now also suggested on "lxc launch" failures
Users of the operations API may have to update their code to suit the new operation code.
The new implementation is now specification-compliant, meaning that all operation queries
always return a full operation object wrapped in an Async reply and with operation-specific
properties inside the metadata.
The "lxc" client was updated to be backward compatible when possible.
Try it for yourself¶
This new LXD release is already available for you to try on our demo service.
The release tarballs can be found on our download page.