LXD 0.24 release announcement¶
8th of December 2015
The main changes for this release are¶
- Support for macvlan network interfaces
- Support for physical network interfaces
- Support for building on s390x
- Snapshots are now transferred along with their parent container on copy/move
- A CPU scheduler for limits.cpu has been implemented
- "lxc config unset/set" now works against a remote server
- Improved IP rendering in "lxc list"
- Fix apparmor handling in nested containers
- Fix various hangs and failures during device hotplug
- Image publishing from a snapshot now produces the exact same output every time
- Fix publishing of snapshots
- Fix our translation layer by switching to an alternative gettext implementation
- Switch UUID implementation to an alternative implementation
- Drop migratable profile (current CRIU can migrate a standard container)
- Create missing directories when mounting a disk into a container
- Serialize image creation (reduces overall load)
- Various ZFS bugfixes (load kernel module when missing, re-try destroys and better handle mounts)
- Completely rework the LXC container driver to be simpler and more reliable
- Prevent setting volatile keys on profiles
- Automatically cleanup stale volatile keys
- Fix launching un-named (randomly named) containers
- Older lxc clients will hang on exec against a newer server, make sure to update the client.
- limits.cpus is now called limits.cpu, a one-time migration is done at LXD startup.
Try it for yourself¶
This new LXD release is already available for you to try on our demo service.
The release tarballs can be found on our download page.