LXD 2.0.0.beta4 release announcement¶
23rd of February 2016
The main changes for this release are¶
- REST API changes
- The API versioning data at /1.0 has changed, now includes, api_status, api_version and api_extensions
- Architecture fields are now returned as strings instead of obscure integer
- GET /1.0/containers/NAME/state has been reworked, now includes more detailed network information, disk usage information as well as memory consumption data.
- New --fast mode for "lxc list" which only lists "cheap" fields
- The container architecture is now listed in "lxc info"
- Add process count limit (pids cgroup)
- Fix container creation from remote image alias
- Fix Content-Type value for errors
- Don't stop containers before asking the user
- Re-implement terminal functions through cgo (fixes ppc64el)
- Allow access to /dev/zero
- tests: Keep pprof self-contained
- Use iproute2 instead of bridge-utils
- lxd-images: Fix sync
- allow cgroupfs mounting on cgns kernels
- Optimize container process count (use pid cgroup)
- Fix file push permissions
- list: Query containers by batch of 10
- Only re-balance on host network changes
- list: Attempt to optimize the go routines slightly
- This release breaks backward compatibility with older LXD versions.
Please make sure all your clients and servers run the same version.
- See notes above for changes to the REST API.
Try it for yourself¶
This new LXD release is already available for you to try on our demo service.
The release tarballs can be found on our download page.