LXD 2.0.0 release announcement¶
11th of April 2016
This is the final release of LXD 2.0!
LXD 2.0 is a Long Term Support release, similar to LXC 2.0 and LXCFS 2.0 and so comes
with a 5 years support commitment from upstream, ending on 1st of June 2021.
A walkthrough of the LXD 2.0 features can be found here: LXD 2.0: Blog post series
Packages for LXD 2.0 should be available in Ubuntu and other Linux distributions shortly.
Until then, you can just try it online using our demo service
The main changes since LXD 2.0.0 rc9 are¶
- client: Add a json format option to "lxc list".
- client: Recommend running lxd init
- lxd: Allow setting security.privileged when nested
The bugfixes since LXD 2.0.0 rc9 are¶
- client: Filter on expanded config rather than local config
- client: Fix wrong mode being passed by file push
- client: Show the snapshot name instead of the path
- client: Tweak help messages
- client: Update Japanese translation
- core: Don't let umask mess with modes
- core: Fix uid, gid and mode of retrieved files
- core: zfs: Clean any leftover snapshot
- core: zfs: Ignore non-LXD paths in user count
- doc: Mark API as stable for release
The release tarballs can be found on our download page.